2015 Abstract Submissions Open!
Welcome Message From Our Conference Chair
On behalf of the 2015 AHPBA Program Committee, I would like to welcome you to the Abstract Submission Platform for the annual meeting.
Below you will find guidelines and instructions for submission.
Please read through this document and refer to it as you complete your submission.
The deadline for submission will be September 26, 2014 at 11:59pm EDT. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Thomas A. Aloia, MD
Chair, 2015 AHPBA Program Committee
AHPBA Abstract Specifications
PLEASE NOTE: Any abstract/data that has been presented at a National or International English language meeting or published in an English language journal prior to the annual AHPBA meeting and is presented at the annual AHPBA meeting will be considered a dual presentation or publication. Presentations at the local, state, or regional level at meetings that do not publish in English language journals are exempt. Presentations in languages other than English are exempt. The penalty is that both the submitter and the senior author will be barred from submitting abstracts/data to the AHPBA for 2 years. The department chair of the submitter and senior author will be notified by letter
- Abstract length is limited to 250 words.
- Special Characters may be entered using the Special Character (Ω) button.
- There is only one table or one graphic allowed per submitted abstract.
- You must select a presentation preference from the following choices:
- Full Oral Presentation
- Mini Oral Presentation/Poster Presentation
- Video Presentation (Oral only).
- Video narration is preferred but not mandatory.
- As part of the video submission process, a written abstract must be submitted.
- Time limit for videos is up to 10 minutes.
- PLEASE DO NOT:
- Place title information in the body of the Abstract.
- Place author information in the body of the Abstract.
- Place department or institution information in the body of the Abstract.
- Acknowledge research grant support in the body of the Abstract.
- Use capitals, highlighting, bolding or underlining for emphasis within the Abstract.
- DRUG NAMES:
- At the first mention of a drug, the nonproprietary generic name in lower case is required followed by the proprietary name capitalized and in parentheses, e.g. furosemide (Lasix)
- Please use Brisbane 2000 terminology to describe liver resection and anatomy. Click here to view terminology descriptions and informational graphic www.ahpba.org/call-for-abstracts
- For survival analyses, include the median follow-up interval for the cohort. Comparing long-term outcomes beyond the median follow-up time point is discouraged.
Before you are ready to submit your abstract, please click here to READ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES to ensure everything is formatted correctly.
This system will store entered data even if the submission is not completed, but remember to finish prior to the deadline date: Friday, September 26, 2014 @ 11:59 PM PDT.